10.9.08

First Week

10/09/08

My first week in Greece

I have been in Greece for a week now and it has already been one of the best experiences I have ever had. Getting around Athens, in my opinion, is very easy, you just need to look out for the crazy drivers. If it says you can cross the street you still need to make sure that no one is going to hit you. The people here are nice, they do not all speak English and I wish that there was a more intense class I could have taken in order to perfect my Greek speaking skills. I am glad that I took the time to learn the Greek alphabet, both upper and lower cases, because everything is written in it and English does not always follow, especially street names and menus. The weather here is extremely hot but it should be getting cooler soon.

Being in Greece is just amazing in itself. The history goes a lot farther back then anywhere else I have ever been and it is visible everywhere. You can see the Acropolis from pretty much anywhere and it is amazing at night when they light it up. Taking classes about Greek history and mythology just makes it so much better that we are actually here experiencing it.

We went to the beach this past weekend and it was gorgeous. The water is beautifully clear and has awesome surrounding scenery. The water was perfect temperature and so was the weather. It was defiantly the best beach experience of my life.

No comments: